A former Mason's hall built in 1856 was converted into a home. To gain extra accommodation, the roof was raised by 600mm on curved steel trusses. This created two mezzanine spaces at either end of the hall. Clerestory windows ran the length of the hall on both sides under the raised roof. The conversion gained a local Civic Trust Award.